Roads Truck Driver/Operator
CHIPPEWA CREE TRIBE
POSITION: Roads Truck Driver/Operator
DEPARTMENT: Roads Department
SALARY: Not to Exceed Budget
Classification: Regular, Full-Time, Covered, Non-Exempt
Supervisor: Roads Director
GENERAL SUMMARY: This position is responsible for duties involving driving trucks with and without trailers. Driver may operate single axle and/or tandem axle vehicles. Uses hand and power tools.
- Operates single and tandem axle truck with and without trailer. Maneuvers trucks in confined and specific locations knowing pivot point in all situations and places. Retains knowledge of height, weight, length of vehicles as well as loading capacity.
- Use caution in descending hill with ability to gauge speed and weight of truck and/or vehicle, or heavy equipment.
- Loads and unloads trucks.
- Operates pickups and other light and medium duty equipment such as front-end loaders, excavation equipment, sanders, etc.
- Determine in winter weather conditions when tire chains are needed on trucks.
- Performs physical labor, including lifting.
- Adheres to and observes safety regulations regarding operation of trucks and heavy equipment, using caution in dangerous situation.
- Operates power tools and hand held equipment.
- Safeguards and secures vehicles and equipment in accordance with Roads Departmental policies and procedures.
- Reports maintenance problems to Roads Foreman and/or Director.
- Maintains and cleans vehicles as needed.
- Prepares and submits accurate and timely reports.
- Deals tactfully and courteously with the public, supervisors, and co-workers.
- Makes and maintains simple records of work activities
- General maintenance as directed.
- Uses equipment requiring use of safety procedures and care to assure against breakdown.
- Operate other equipment as needed.
- In addition, position may assume other duties as assigned by the Roads Director.
- Must have High School Diploma or GED
- Must have a valid Commercial Driver’s License;
- Skills in communicating effectively with field employees and community workers and residents
- Must possess good attendance and perform duties with general instruction.
- Knowledge of the efficient operation and maintenance of assigned equipment
- Knowledge of traffic laws and regulations regarding operation of motorized equipment
- Knowledge of the occupational hazards and safety measures of working and operating trucks
- Prepare written records
- Must adhere to Drug Ordinance 1-99.
- Preference: Indian Preference, with first preference qualified enrolled members of the Chippewa Cree Tribe.
SUBMIT THE FOLLOWING:
- Resume (with dates of employment)
- Copy of Degree and Transcripts
- Letter of Interest
- Copy of valid State of Montana Commercial Driver’s License
- Copy of CIB (if applicable)
- Copy of DD 214 (if applicable)
To: Josh Seaton, Human Resources, Chippewa Cree Tribe, 96 Clinic Rd, Box Elder, MT 59521, telephone 406.395.4478/5705 ext. 2018.
/s/ Josh Seaton